Under no circumstances does Banco BOCOM BBM request:
- Personal information via e-mail;
- Checking account numbers, passwords or any other document numbers.
Banco BOCOM BBM does not send e-mails with executable files attached (files that execute commands when opened by the user; the most common file extensions are EXE, BAT, SCR, COM, VBS and PIF).
COMPUTER PROTECTION TIPS
- Keep your antivirus active and updated;
- Only download files from reliable sources;
- Only use floppy disks on reliable computers;
- Do not open attached files or follow links from unexpected e-mails even if they seem to come from a known sender;
- Do not use programs that have not come from official suppliers;
- Use Internet protection programs, such as firewalls;
- Keep the operating system and application software updated, according to the manufacturer’s security instructions.
Beware when you receive the following e-mail content:
- Program installation suggestions;
- Screens requesting several passwords;
- Unknown senders or receivers;
- Grammar mistakes and typos;
- Poor quality image;
- Urgent request to click on a link;
- Offer of unrequested services or awards.
If you receive a suspect e-mail, delete it immediately.
USE OF PASSWORDS
- Use a different password for each service;
- Do not use easily identifiable passwords, such as your house number, birthdays, telephone numbers and document numbers;
- In the case of passwords featuring letters and numbers, do not use words that make sense. Use random sequences of characters. A good option is to use the initial letters of a sentence that only you know, combining numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters;
- Do not disclose your passwords to anyone;
- Do not write down your passwords, memorize them;
- Change your passwords periodically;
- When using the Internet or other channels to access your account, be careful when typing in your password so that it cannot be identified by people nearby.